Thursday 3 May 2012

Smoke Signals

Following on from the tutorial I posted on my attempt at spray particles and smoke, I have now learnt the art of adding material to the smoke. To start off with I opened up the material editor, I then went down to maps, click on diffuse colour and then none. Once I got to the drop down menu I clickd on particle age.
Options for the particle ages
I changed th colour options within this and went back to the parent. I also removed the glossiness on the material becuase as well all know smoke it not shiny!!

I then changed the opacity, another option found in the maps tab. I again clicked on none and chose mask from the menu. For the map choice I used noise. And for the second choice (mask), I clicked on gradient, and left the settings as they were.


I am hoping to import this smoke with materials into my animation.

Finished smoke with materials

No comments:

Post a Comment