Friday 17 February 2012

Mental Ray Ahead!

With the help of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RnM-S_waF0M I put my skills to the test and produced something with surprising results. As well as using the video for help I played around with the different materials I found on the architect and design tool set. It enabled me to create and a bubble like object which I made blue. I found the video did help me learn more about materials available (mental ray) to me through 3DS as well as a fantastic lighting effect known as daylight lighting. This enabled me to position my light where I wanted it (like all lighting fixtures), chose the time of day I wanted the light to represent, which day and month I wanted the light to represent (useful for creating winter scenes where the light is darker than that of a summer sun), and the best part which country and city I wanted the light to come from (again useful for representing the true light of a tropical place). This is something I achieved in my render.

Items I applied mental ray material and daylight lighting to

Materials used on objects

Rendered Objects

No comments:

Post a Comment