Friday 3 February 2012

Check Mate

Half of the bishop
In my previous post, I was talking about the lathe tool. I used this tool to help me create a chess piece, a bishop to be exact. The first thing I did was open up Adobe Illustrator and draw a line down the middle of the page. The trick to the lathe tool is to only draw half of the object because the tool itself will fill out the rest for you.

Once you have created half of your desired object, it is important to save it as Illustrator 3 (this makes it easier when it comes to importing the shape into 3DS) Once this has been done simply import the object into 3DS, move the pivot point to be in the middle of your object (where the centre line would have been), go to the modify menu and click on the lathe tool.

After lathing

No comments:

Post a Comment