Friday 17 February 2012

The big UPdate

So I have been applying what I have learnt in my tutorial to my Up house. I think with all these improvements it is coming along nicely, whether I have the chance to complete finish it or not is a completely different story. The one problem I have with the house is the strings on the balloons, despite having drawn all of them on, only on seems to show up. Anyway there are 2 images in the update, one from when I learnt to apply materials, and the other (my biggest achievement) when I learnt to apply mental ray and lighting. These things have greatly improved the look of the house from that of a few weeks ago. It has gone from a simple mash-up of shapes to something that looks more house like (kinda). The thing on this house that I am most proud of are the balloons, I am happy that I have managed to get the light to shine through the balloons and create a coloured shadow (similar to the ones in the film). Although there is one thing that I should learn from this experience and that is use multi/sub-object when using a lot of different materials!!!!



Basic lighting shining down on the house

Materials added to the balloons and house

Using mental ray and daylight lighting to make the balloons look more realistic and improving the lighting that shines on them. A plane was added to show the shadows of the balloon and house

Render of the house


Close up of the balloons

No comments:

Post a Comment