Friday 27 January 2012

The Fruit Bowl

Task two - create fruit and put them into a bowl, simple when thinking about, however implenting the task proved rather more challenging. The bowl proved the easiest thing to create, by simply creating a sphere, changing it's properties to an editable polygon and then using the modify menu (particularly the soft selection tools) to turn the sphere into something that is more bowl-like and able to hold something. I used a similar method to create the cherries, apple and orange. I again used the sphere and changed the properties, again I also used modify menu to adjust the shapes of the fruit (as we all know apples are not perfectly round!) to give the fruit a more organic and natural look. The apple and cherry stalk were another challenge, I again used the modify menu, but this time on cylinders, I then created a point using the soft selection tools, and selected another option from the modify menu simply entitled Bend, this allowed me to angle the modified cylinder into something that looked more like that of a real apples stalk.


These are the fruits of my labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment