Friday 27 January 2012

Creating a Building

The first task for completion involved the creation of a building using the basic shapes in 3D Studio Max. I started off modelling Carl and Ellie's house from Up, but proved a bit too complicated for my first attempt with the software. I moved on to create a more angular building, Buckingham Palace. The creation of the building involved many boxes and cylinders taken from the standard primitives collection. Having never used 3Ds Max, this started out a a trying challenge, however as I got used to program, I found the items it surprisingly easy to use. With a little help from the align tool, I was able to make sure everything was aligned and level, something very useful when creating and modelling buildings! I was able to create an triangle with the use of the parameter menu, and changing the sides of the cylinder to 3. I also used the select and move tool to help copy objects, by selecting the object, pressing shift (something I found very useful when creating the palace). I didn't change the colours to match that of the palace as it made it harder to differentiate between the different boxes and cylinders I used.

I am determine to create the house from Up now I have a basic idea of what I can do with the software!

Buckingham Palace created in 3Ds Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment